National Apprenticeship Week 2023 marks the 16th annual celebration of apprenticeships. As a Training Provider, NAW is an excellent opportunity for us to share with you the importance of apprenticeships for both businesses and apprentices. We also will be sharing the fantastic impact that apprenticeships have in growing and developing new talent, and refreshing skills to truly create skills for life – the theme of this year’s celebration!
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job, combining practical hands-on training with study, learning and qualifications, to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours! Find out more here.
Apply for Apprenticeships
With Optimum Skills, it’s really easy to apply for apprenticeships – check out our live apprenticeships page to see vacancies we currently have or get in touch via email at email@example.com
What are the Benefits of Apprenticeships?
- Gain hands-on experience
- Earn a real wage
- Develop your skills, knowledge, and behaviours
- Achieve industry-recognised qualifications
- Get a feel for the work environment
- Enjoy student discounts with an NUS student card
- Benefit from ongoing support
- Boost your employability
Parents and Guardians
- It is a Government requirement that all young people from 16 to 18 stay in education. An apprenticeship counts as education, whilst also being a full-time paid job.
- During their working hours the apprentice will undertake studying, gain hands-on experience and work towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
- Apprenticeships have great benefits for young people, they give them a foot in the door, gaining real work experience which could lead to a fulfilling career in their chosen sector!
- Optimum Skills provides high-quality apprenticeships. We can assist your child in finding the right apprenticeship for them, leading them to a successful and rewarding career.
If you’re a parent or guardian and your young person is interested in becoming an apprentice we have a dedicated parent/guardian information page.
Did you know as an employer you can hire an apprentice and also upskill your team with apprenticeship qualifications?
Benefits of apprenticeships for businesses include:
- Improve a skills shortage – Apprenticeships support you to train your future workforce to meet the needs of your business
- Future proof your business – Apprenticeships create skilled employees who are more likely to stay in employment after completing their qualification
- Diversify your team – Apprenticeships allow people from all backgrounds a stepping stone into new industries and employment opportunities
- Increase productivity – Apprenticeships grow a culture of learning and development which encourages engagement and productivity
- Zero recruitment costs – We find the best candidates for your business at no cost
- Ongoing support – Optimum Skills provide support every step of the way!
And that’s a wrap on National Apprenticeship Week 2023! Optimum Skills are here every day to provide everything you need when it comes to apprenticeships, and let’s keep celebrating apprenticeships all year round!