As the person who will be vital to the success of shaping our trainee and apprentice’s futures, helping them excel in their chosen career path within the Digital sector, you will be part of a delivery team who carry out inspirational learning through training and assessment programmes. Also importantly working alongside employers to help support their business growth and develop their career path programmes through the flexible apprenticeship model that we have created here at Optimum.
Living and breathing our core values in your daily job role, with your colleagues, employers and learners and demonstrating positive behaviours is vital for any position here. We all show mutual respect to each other’s priorities and focus and understand how integral it is to have a team ethos in helping and supporting one another, therefore you will also be working alongside the wider team here at Optimum.
Location: Head Office, Unit 23, Parsons Court, Welbury Way, Newton Aycliffe DL5 6ZE
Trainers/Assessors will be required to work across our Head Office Hub and Middlesbrough Hub sites, as their caseload requires as well as working from employer’s premises across the Northeast or our Gateshead Academy and Newcastle Academy, where needed, as is necessary to fulfil the role to the satisfaction of the organisation.
Delivery of training/assessment to promote learning and improve outcomes for learners in line with the key responsibilities outlined below.
- To provide a high level of teaching, learning and assessment for all age groups and learning programmes that will take place in a variety of locations, such as our HUB locations or within the workplace.
- To ensure that learners consistently make very good and sustained progress in learning sessions and provide quality feedback.
- To be able to work with learners from different backgrounds and/or adapt to those who have specific needs.
- To have excellent subject knowledge and/or industry experience to be able to set challenging and engaging tasks using a variety of teaching strategies.
- To be able to set appropriate and regular coursework via high-quality learning materials and resources.
- To be able to embed a high level of Functional Skills (Maths, English and Information Communication Technology (ICT) into all activity.
- To ensure that equality and diversity are fully integrated into the learning experience.
- To safeguard learners and following reporting procedures when required.
- To be able to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to motivate learners including next steps and career guidance.
Trainers/Assessors will be expected to meet a number of key performance indicators relating to progress, retention, achievement etc.
Qualifications & Training
- Possess appropriate vocational qualifications in digital skills such as marketing, website design, social media content etc.
- Desirable skills/experience in customer service, business admin, management.
- Be committed to continuous professional development.
- Hold an Assessor award or be working toward e.g., CAVA
- Hold a relevant teaching certificate e.g., PTTLS, PGCE, Certificate in Education
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT) or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 3 years occupational experience be able to demonstrate a high level of practical skill in the sector relevant to teaching area.
- Have experience of training and assessment in an educational or workplace environment.
- Have experience of NVQs/QCFs/Apprenticeship delivery in the relevant sector.
Disposition / Special requirements
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in order to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with Company Values
- Supply references which are satisfactory to the Company
- Be willing to undertake a DBS Enhanced check.
- Car user essential due to travel