Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 a year
Optimum Skills is a leading training provider delivering Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Pre-employment, and Commercial Training and we are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our Construction Team.
This position will be focused on developing strong relationships with construction partners across the Northeast area and will be a client-facing, partly field-based role covering a set territory. It involves developing relationships and networks within the construction sector, helping to place our learners in an appropriate apprenticeship role.
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and targeting directors/decision makers of target businesses
- Converting qualified leads to our services
- Face to face consultations with potential clients to carry out Health and Safety checks and deliver thorough IAG.
- Generating further client referrals from your existing client base
- Undertaking market research/analysis
- Keeping up to date and ahead of industry developments, legislation, compliance etc.
- To assist Senior Management with establishing and implementing business development and marketing strategy for any designated geographical area/sector
- Work hand in hand with the Construction team and wider business to support both learner and employer outcomes.
- Ensure sales outcomes are achieved in line with team & individual KPI’s.
- Previous business development experience is preferred but not essential.
- Previous knowledge of the construction sector preferred but not essential.
- Proven sales results; meeting / exceeding sales targets and KPIs
- Socially confident with excellent presentation skills
- Takes ownership and proposes solutions.
- Wants to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have own transport.
Optimum Skills benefits
Health Cash Plan (after 3mths employment) which includes:
- Get up to 100% money back on everyday healthcare costs.
- Claim on dental, optical, chiropody, health screening, physiotherapy and more.
Wellbeing Package which includes:
- 24/7 counselling and support helpline.
- Direct line to a doctor via phone or video chat.
- Online health and lifestyle analysis.
- Deals and discounts from high-quality brands including Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Adidas, Puregym, Currys, Boots, Just East and many more!
- Career progression opportunities.
- Funded training available to all employees.
- Birthday off after 1 year of service.
- Pension scheme.
- Competitive mileage.
- Eye test vouchers.
- Family Fun Days.
- ‘Employee of the month’ recognition awards.
- Branded fleeces and polo shirts.
- Company laptop and mobile.
As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Learners are at the center of everything we do so we are committed to safeguarding and promoting their welfare. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, provide satisfactory references and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.