Optimum Skills are a leading training provider with centres in the North East of England delivering outstanding quality in the field of Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Pre-employment and Commercial Training.
Due to our continued growth we are looking to add to our delivery team with the role of Bricklaying tutor. Based from our ever expanding Construction Academies based in Gateshead and Newcastle
The position involves teaching level 1 and 2 Brickwork students in both practical and theory lessons. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching, working with young people.
- Delivering apprenticeships standards
- To undertake appropriate initial assessment of learners to ascertain their starting point on the course.
- To prepare and produce scheme of work and session plans.
- To assess learner’s performance in the workplace.
- To work with employers in order maintain own caseload of learners.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate records (e-portfolio and paper based) for each individual learner according to internal procedures.
- To carry out regular progress reviews with learners in order to track progress towards timely completions.
- To provide on-going information, advice and guidance with learners in order for them to reach their aspirations.
- To deliver training on 1:1 or group basis – face to face or online
- To comply with the internal quality assurance strategy in order to ensure that assessments are delivered to a high standard.
- To provide progression, retention and achievement information for the course being taught.
- To undertake appropriate training as identified through the classroom observation and line management process.
- To keep up to date with curriculum development in the relevant subject areas.
- Contribute to curriculum development
You will need:
- Level 3 NVQ in Bricklaying (or equivalent)
- Teaching/Tutoring qualification
- Minimum 12 months of tutoring/teaching experience
Personal Qualities you will need:
- Industry Knowledge
- 25 days holiday (+bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Health shield wellbeing package
- Birthday off work